TRANQUILLE: TIME TO CHANGE TO ECO-LUXE SHEETS
Linen is one of the oldest fabrics in the world. In 3400 BC, the Egyptians invented bed linen. 5000 years later, we’ve swapped rickshaws for cars and smoke messages for smart phones, but when it comes to bedding, well, it hasn’t changed at all. Throughout history, linen has been a favorite of those in the higher echelons of power. Tranquille offers you luxurious bedding made from 100% linen.
WHY CHOOSE LINEN?
Linen is a textile made from the fibers of flax plants. Here are some benefits to sleeping in the high quality fabric:
- Linen is breathable and it regulates body temperature. It creates a cool feeling in hot weather and comfort warmth in winter as flax with its very long polymers has the best heat resistance and conductivity of all the commonly used textile fibers.
- Linen absorbs moisture well and at the same time releases it quickly making it dry fast.
- Linen fabric possesses rare anti-bacteriological properties . It is a natural antiseptic, kills bacteria and fungus due to its filtering properties. It also reduces inflammation. Wearing linen clothes helps to get rid of some skin diseases – from a common rash to chronic eczema.
- Linen fabric is extremely durable. Twice as durable as conventional cotton and can last for decades making it a great investment.
- Probably one of Tranquille favorite reasons is that linen is environmentally friendly. All the flax used to make linen is used in other ways. The seeds are pressed to make linseed oil which is used in floor coverings, such as linoleum, and paint. Linen is a renewable resource and it needs no irrigation. It is also fully biodegradable.
On the other hand, conventional cotton is one of the world’s dirtiest and thirstiest crops. Although only 2.4% of the world’s cropland is planted with cotton, it accounts for 24% of the world’s insecticide market and 11% of the sale of global pesticides.
At Tranquille we offer you eco-luxe bedding with a perfect blend of softness, breathability, sustainability and lovely aesthetics to any space. Here are 4 reasons your next purchase should be from Tranquille:
1. Lovely decor and aesthetics
Tranquille offers linen fabric that is known for its own distinct style that differs from other fabrics. Linen is so porous making it easy to dye it in rich colours.
2. Great Quality
Linen washing techniques, like stone washing, gives it a cozy, lived-in feel and tinge. The wrinkliness of the linen signifies its high quality.
3. We love our planet
At Tranquille, our products are made from linen which is eco-friendly and sustainable. The growing awareness of people’s negative impact on the environment pushes many of us to choose eco-friendly, sustainable products. Linen is one of the greenest fabrics around and is made from the resilient flax plant, which can grow happily in poor quality soil and requires far less water than plants such as cotton.
4. You’ll be supporting a local Kenyan business
Tranquille was created by Yvonne Wairegi. After being disenchanted working as a Financier, she chose to take the plunge to create a label with a conscience.
There are even more advantages, but isn’t this list enough to convince you what is best for your health and sound sleep?! Try linen bedding from TRANQUILLE for superb quality, comfort and style.