PROTEIN CACAO TRUFFLES
Protein cacao truffles are A-mazing!
When you are into healthy eating you’ll soon find out that there aren’t many options when it comes to dessert. The myth is that you have to give up taste when it comes to healthy eating. This protein truffle recipe will surely debunk that myth. Sometimes you just need to indulge without “damage”.
This recipe is hands down one of my top 5 favorite desserts. I have this when I want to satisfy my sweet tooth. It is delicious and a good energy booster. When I get a snack attack in the middle of the night, one or two of these always does the trick.
At this point, you already know that I am a fan of the sweet. I love my smoothies and I enjoy my overnight oat parfaits, especially before a workout. You get good protein and healthy fats without added sugars when you have these protein truffles. Indulgence without consequence is a real treat. When your palette enjoys the taste of the food and your cells get rejuvenated by the food, that my friend is the “true treat”.
The ingredients in this protein bliss ball recipe are vegan friendly and dairy free. You could always switch up the ingredients to suit your liking. Like switching up the pea powder with whey powder, using greek yogurt instead of coconut yogurt.
Serving size: 10 truffles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Setting time: Overnight
- Carbs: 33g
- Fat: 22g
- Protein: 27g
- Calories: 455
- 3 TBSP Oatmeal
- 3 TBSP Shredded coconut
- 2 TBSP Pulsin’ Pea protein powder
- 1 TBSP Cacao powder
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 125ml Coconut yogurt
- 20g Cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pulse the oats and cashew nuts in a blender until they are ground into a powder-like consistency
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them up
- If the mixture is too runny add more of the dry ingredients and vice versa
- Roll the mixture into small balls
- You could also roll the protein balls in shredded coconut. It makes for good presentation
- Store the protein balls overnight in the fridge
Keep you posted till next time